We strive to provide a holistic educational experience to first-year farmers and provide two farming internship options: full-season and short-season. We are incredibly proud of our farming internship program. Many of our past full-season farming interns currently have successful farming careers. Between 2010 and 2016, 22 full-season farming interns graduated and 18 of them farmed during the 2017 growing season. Several of our short-season interns have also gone on to farm.
Full-Season Farming Internship (download detailed position description and printable application)
- Designed to provide extensive hands-on experience in all aspects of Zenger’s farming operation and prepare interns to help manage farming operations at another farm the following year.
- March 19th – November 1st, Monday – Thursday, 8-10 hours/day
- Includes 40 hours of “classroom” education
- $1,125/month stipend provided
- CSA share provided June-October
- January 29, 2018 application deadline
Short Season Farming Internship (download detailed position description and printable application)
- Designed to provide an introductory hands-on experience in the basic aspects of Zenger’s farming operation.
- Includes 10 hours of “classroom” education.
- Summer: June 20th – August 9th, Fall: August 29th-October 19th
- Wednesdays and Thursdays, 8 hours/day
- Stipend not provided
- CSA share provided during internship
- Rolling application deadline