Join the Urban Farm Home School Program!
The Urban Farm Home School Program (UFHSP) at Zenger Farm offers home schooled students the opportunity to learn about food, farming and nature in a hands-on way. Students come to the farm weekly to explore scientific inquiry, do hands-on service learning projects, harvest, cook and eat garden snacks, and create nature-inspired art. They study the importance of healthy food, organic farming practices, wetland conservation, animal care, and environmental stewardship in our urban community.
This is a drop-off program though adults are welcome to volunteer in their child’s class once or twice throughout the session.
Registration for Spring is now Closed. Stay tuned for future registration! Thank you!
Spring 2017: March 15th- May 24th
- Wednesdays 1-4pm, open to ages 5-14 OR
- Thursdays 2-5pm, open to ages 5-14
- No school March 27th-31st (for Spring Break Camp)
- $110 (need-based scholarships available)
- Click here to view our Spring Syllabus
Common topics include:
- Eating a Rainbow
- Plant Part Soup
- Wild Critter Superpowers
- Cattail Extravaganza
- What’s in my Guts?
- Nutrition Basics: Discovery through Pizza
- Fun with Fungi
- Birds all Aflutter
- And so many more!