- By Tuesday, you will receive an email with a forecasted list of vegetables in your CSA share, announcements about events, news from Zenger Farm, information about any uncommon vegetables and plenty of recipes.
- On Thursday morning, your farmers will harvest almost all of the vegetables for your share (we may harvest some vegetables earlier in the week).
- On Thursday afternoon, you will pick up your vegetables at the farm between 4 and 6 pm. We’ll send you a text message earlier in the day with a reminder to bring a bag!
- When you arrive, we will have all your vegetables displayed on tables. Each vegetable will be grouped in a basket with a sign telling you how much of each type to take.
- After you check in, you walk along the tables and pick out your vegetables. You get to choose which vegetables to take, but you don’t have a choice between different types of vegetables (i.e. you get to choose which tomatoes you want, but you don’t get to choose between tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, etc.)
- While you get your vegetables, your farmers will be there to talk with you! We’ll share recipes and cooking tips. We’ll chat about what’s new on the farm. We’ll ask about what’s new in your life and share what’s happening in ours.
- While you’re at the farm, you’re welcome to visit the chickens, dip a toe in the wetland, or walk the farm fields. It’s your family’s weekly opportunity to spend some time at the farm!
- If you have a Choose-Your-Week Share, you have until Sunday to change your mind about picking up your share the following Thursday.
- And the cycle repeats!
Does Zenger Farm’s CSA work for you?